Andrew Hastie has worked relentlessly in parliament to make sure Australia is strong and secure.
This is some of the work Andrew has contributed to since being elected.
- Stronger protections for critical infrastructure like ports, telecommunications, water and gas from espionage, sabotage and coercion.
- New powers for Australian intelligence and security agencies, to help stop domestic terror attacks.
- Tougher laws to fight espionage and interference by foreign intelligence agencies.
- Stripping the Australian citizenship of terrorists who travel overseas to fight with organisations like ISIS. Labor opposed these changes.
- Making it easier for Australian Special Operations Units (SASR and 2nd Commando Regiment) to be called out in response to domestic terror attacks like the Sydney Lindt Siege.
Andrew believes that the security of Australia must be the first priority of government. He is using his experience to help keep Australia safe.